KINESIOLOGY means 'movement'
What drew me to kinesiology?
Kinesiology is a complementary, not an alternative practice and therefore, is not exclusive in its premise. Through muscle testing, it interlaces Western anatomical and physiological considerations with emotional and energetic considerations of other health philosophies such as the Traditional Chinese Medicine meridian system and the Indian chakra system. I find the correlations between these diverse treatments as well as the Japanese-born meditative energy modality of reiki endlessly fascinating.
Kinesiology seems to have all bases covered, providing different angles from which to consider and treat an issue or stress on the system.
Kinesiology is an energy balance where you proactively realise and consider stress that surfaces from your subconscious and indicates via the muscular system.
A session can be goal-focused around a specific issue or, simply a 'look and see' for general health maintenance.
Kinesiology is a non-invasive modality that uses gentle muscle testing to locate stress in the body; determine whether the presenting stress is physical, emotional, biochemical or energetic and then from which stream the actual root cause of the stress stems and finally, to indicate an appropriate tool or tools to correct any negative mind-body connection that may be perpetuating the stress or imbalance.
Sound healing can be used as a correctional tool in kinesiology and, if relevant or requested, I can incorporate intuitive meditations into balances to encourage heart-centred listening and living. Other corrections may include neurolymphatic massage, neurovascular holding points, flower essences, acupressure, chakra considerations and energy balancing, breathing techniques.
The focus is on all aspects of how we 'move' through life whilst maintaining 'balance' and the ability to return ourselves to a state of homeostasis or equilibrium.
If you're curious about the origins and reasoning, read more here.
KINESIOLOGY can assist with
- strengthening immunity and health through mind-body awareness
- releasing stress
- managing anxiety
- pain relief and management
- strengthening immunity / lessening the impact of allergies
- correcting learning difficulties and promoting concentration (brain integration), especially during times of stress
- recognising how limiting or negative beliefs or behaviours affect our physical function and vice versa and allowing trust in new choices
- addressing energetic and hormonal imbalances
- moving through trauma or unresolved grief
- nurturing healthy relationships with self and others
- nurturing healthier eating habits and weight management
- musculoskeletal ailments, postural corrections and mystery pain resolution
- fear of change - finding a way to move confidently from 'here' to 'there'
- enhancing self-regulation and self-confidence through understanding of emotions
- combining bodywork to access the subconscious with the wisdom and safety of our heartspace when grappling with dynamic change
- connecting or reconnecting you to soul - your true self - especially using intuitive meditation to access the innate wisdom of our heartspace/centre
- acknowledging and believing that being you and seeking peace and growth in your own way, at your own pace, is enough
PLEASE NOTE: kinesiologists do not prescribe medication nor diagnose conditions. Kinesiology facilitates wellness by assessing and addressing hindrances to your overall health and with you, ascertaining a course of action towards improvement. This may involve further kinesiology sessions as required or referral to an appropriate medical or alternative practitioner.